Our new health center will feature plenty of free parking, an inviting waiting room with free wi-fi, modern exam rooms, and a convenient central location. Although it will be the same size as our current location, the efficient layout will allow us to provide more women, men, and teens in McLean County with top-quality preventive healthcare services as the Affordable Care Act goes into full effect this fall.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois currently provides care to more than 2,500 women, men, and teens in the Bloomington-Normal area each year.
100% of the services Planned Parenthood of Illinois provides in Bloomington-Normal are preventive, including:
- Annual Physical Exams Including Pap Tests and Breast Exams
- Evaluation and Management of Abnormal Pap Tests
- Men’s Sexual Health Exams Including Colon and Testicular Cancer Screenings and Urinary Tract Infection Testing and Treatment
- Comprehensive Birth Control Including IUDs and Implants
- Emergency Contraception (Morning After Pill)
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing and Treatment
- HIV Testing and Counseling
- Pregnancy Testing and Options Counseling
- HPV Vaccine
- Hepatitis A & B Vaccine
- Vasectomy Consultation (procedure done at the Champaign Planned Parenthood health center)
- Essure Consultation (Non-Surgical Permanent Sterilization for Women)
McLean County needs access to affordable preventive care and we're dedicated to providing that care - no matter what. Currently, McLean County ranks in the top 25% for highest chlamydia, gonorrhea, and early syphilis rates among Illinois counties. McLean County ranks especially high for chlamydia – 16th out of 102 counties in Illinois.
We're thrilled to continue to provide the same high quality care we have been providing the Bloomington-Normal area since 1970 (yes, more than 40 years!) in our new facility. We hope you are as excited as us!
If you would like to make an appointment for a visit, call 309-827-4014. Remember, we accept most forms of insurance, Medicaid, and Illinois Healthy Women. We also offer WE CARE Packages, affordable cash discount packages. Visit ppil.org to learn about what services are recommended for you.
Also, be one of the first 100 patients at our new location and receive a free Planned Parenthood water bottle! Learn more.
For more information about our move, visit ppil.org/Bloomington.
Are you a patient at our Bloomington location? How do you feel about the move? Tell us in the comments!
This post was created by Planned Parenthood of Illinois (PPIL). PPIL provides comprehensive reproductive healthcare services and education to more than 60,000 Illinoisans each year. Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of PPIL.
Connect with PPIL on Google+ and LinkedIn.
Connect with PPIA on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube.
Subscribe to our blog feed.