Illinois action blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

My Experience as a Planned Parenthood Intern


Charlotte during a phonebank
 
During my last undergraduate spring semester, I jumped at an opportunity to be a Planned Parenthood Education Intern. With women’s reproductive health under siege, there is no better time than now to become an intern and stand with Planned Parenthood.

As a Planned Parenthood of Illinois (PPIL) Education Intern, I had the pleasure of working with a Teen Awareness Group (TAG), PPIL’s Community Organizer, and the Education Programs Coordinator. In addition to fulfilling my internship responsibilities, I was able to attend TAG meetings and presentations given by TAG members in schools, participate in phonebanks which create another medium for constituents to contact legislators regarding reproductive health and Planned Parenthood, attend Lobby Day in Springfield to lobby for comprehensive, medically accurate sex education, work on the Get Yourself Tested (GYT) Campaign, and attend the Take the Stage Against Violence talent show, which raises awareness about sexual assault and violence.

I feel very lucky to have been an intern for Planned Parenthood. I have gained experience in a work environment that is positive and welcoming to everyone who steps through their door, I’ve networked with many interesting and accomplished professionals, and I’ve worked to defend Planned Parenthood and affordable reproductive healthcare against anti-choice attacks. I hope that many other young people have the same opportunity that I did, to intern for Planned Parenthood and make a difference for women and their families all across the country.

Check out all of the current available intern positions and apply today!

- Charlotte, PPIL Education Intern

Technorati tags: Planned Parenthood, intern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of differing opinions and focus your comments on the featured topic or relevant subject matter. Comments that contain profanity, verbal attacks, threatening or inflammatory language are subject to immediate deletion.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • Stay informed with updates from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund!