Illinois action blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Two great letters in the Aurora Beacon News

I thought you would appreciate these two great letters, published last week in the Aurora Beacon News . We sure did. I couldn't find copies on the web, so we're reprinting them here for your reading pleasure. Let's give a shout out to Rev. Thompson and Renee for making their pro-choice voices heard. Thank you!

Not everyone agrees (Letter to the Aurora Beacon News)
Mr. Eric Scheidler of the Pro-Life Action League says that the local community does not support Planned Parenthood. I suggest he check again. He is not speaking for everyone in the local community. His protesters aren't the only ones who have rights to voice their opinions.

Rev. Clara Thompson, Montgomery

Free to Choose (Letter to the Aurora Beacon News)
I am pro choice. That doesn't mean I encourage or would have an abortion. It means that I believe that every woman has the right to choose. My teenagers have asked many questions about both sides of the issue. I do not encourage or discourage either way. They, too, have the right to choose what they believe. I want to thank whoever came in my yard, destroyed my support sign, and put 43 yellow signs in place. My children were shocked that a person or persons would try to intimidate to change our minds. We are proud to say that we will continue to display our pink sign because we all support choice.

Renee Nelson, Aurora

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of differing opinions and focus your comments on the featured topic or relevant subject matter. Comments that contain profanity, verbal attacks, threatening or inflammatory language are subject to immediate deletion.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • Stay informed with updates from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund!